Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What the hell? Titles are "required fields" now? Fuck that.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. BLOGGER JUST ATE MY REALLY HUGE UPDATE.

It was probably more self-important than any of you cared to read anyway. The gist of it: I'm a douchebag to annoying strangers. I hate annoying. I hate strangers. Put em together and somehow the sum is greater than its component parts.

I suppose these things (Blogs. We're done with annoying strangers.) are all about self-revelation and the sharing thereof. If such is indeed the case, allow me to direct your attention to Exhibit A: I have not updated in a few days. Old self-revelation that I'm sharing with all of you lovely people: I am fucking lazy. (Two colons in adjacent sentences? Something about that makes me cringe. But fuck it, I'm lazy.**)

Don't be put off by the (cue motherly voice, i.e. Kathy's Eddie Bauer voice... ask her about it if you haven't heard it before) "pottymouth." I really am so lazy that it requires an emphatic expletive.

Went ice blocking by Janss Steps tonight with Nish, his sister visiting him, and Ryan Houck. Cameo apperances by Ravi and Rhiannon (sp? ex-Mormons and their ridiculous names make me want to vomit with rage). Absent parties: Jenn Wong. Berate at earliest convenience.

It was fun. Cease-and-Desist by Officer Jenkins (his name might have concievably been Jenkins, good work Eric) led to a 45 minute tour of Boelter, searching for the perfect spot(s) for rooftop ice block hurling. Smashing mine a few yards away from an overtime (I would hope) construction worker on a ciggy break was fucking priceless (expletive also emphatically necessary).

It made me think of high school, making homemade explosives with the guys, and midnight excursions to the paseos to rattle some stuffy old folks from their upper middle-class dreams ("'All the spics and niggers are out of America?' The Genie says yeah. '...I'll have a Coke."). And the subsequent running from the authorities that be.
Almost makes me miss home.

Nostalgia is misleading. And fucking irritating. (That f-bomb was just for fun.)

Read an old review of From A Basement On A Hill. Missing him all over again. I'm such a dork.

Wan an. (I googled the pinyin for that, so fuck off if you're Chinese-literate.)

-Eric

** Plus twenty points for demonstrating my previous statement.

P.S. You are all lovely people, I'm sorry I forgot to post my Multimedia Present of the Post. Elliott Smith Bootleg.

2 Comments:

Blogger d. said...

your font is too damn tiny for my feeble eyes.

sum greater than parts? now that's defintely a logical reasoning flaw. LSAT would tsk you but i'll do it instead. just kidding.

i love defiance. thrills me to no end.

10:08 AM  
Blogger kathy said...

you can press ctrl + scroll your mouse up to make the font bigger.

my eddie bauer voice is frightening sometimes...

i hate strangers too. we're peas in a pod, echao.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home