Monday, May 02, 2005

This is stupid.

It just hit me how stupid blogging is. I'm sure as hell not going to publish my most personal thoughts in public domain for all to read. That would defeat the purpose of those thoughts being-- you know-- personal. So what it comes down to is that this is just another scheme to grab attention for myself.

Or maybe I just have the rules of the game entirely wrong. I don't know. But this all seems like such a waste of time.

Whatever. Waste away. Self-aggrandize to your heart's content. Slash some forests, talk about yourselves unnecessarily loudly; continue blogging, America. At least we'll be staying in character.

Don't take me the wrong way: I'm totally buying into it, too. It's just that it finally hit me what a showy facade this whole thing is.

Anyway, time to talk about me.

Went to Matt DeCuffa's party last night. It
was pretty wack, though. ("Wack"? Oh no he didn't.) I really wish this wasn't his last quarter at UCLA. I (almost) feel bad for taking his spot on staff at the end of last year. Or so the rumor goes. Anyway, I showed up way early with a few CEC people and was kinda bored for a while. When I get back from taking Kathy home, it was like a bomb exploded in there. You know, a bomb filled with stupid, uninteresting Asians with a faint hint of Greek (the Rush Week and keg-stands Greek, not the black olives and Fat Weddings kind) to them. So I wrangled the rest of the CEC folks who showed up into the apartment under renovation next door where we all chilled and drank in the dark. And dust.

It all made me feel ridiculously anti-social. But then it occured to me: I, and the people close to me, am better than those motherfuckers. Not that I didn't appreciate the invitation and the drinks. It's a shame that we didn't get to talk to Matt that much.

So we ended up going to Daniel's place to look up guitar tabs and lyrics to a bunch of songs, drunkenly slur along to them, and then smoke what I later found out was a half marijuana, half tobacco hookah. It was tasty.

I think I might still have been pretty intoxicated when I drove Diana back to her car. But we can sweep that delicious fact under the rug.

Had dinner with Janny tonight. Sushi Mac. Surprise. Going to miss her a whole fucking lot when she's in Hong Kong.

Had dessert with Nish, Ravi, Jenn, and her roommate Shelly (I think that's how it's spelled... as if anyone who reads this will be in any position to take offense to my misspelling). Jenn is such a goofy girl. Bums me out to see her when she's sad, which somehow happens to be a lot of the time. The hell with that Sahadeva (a thousand pardons if that's not how it's spelled... whatever) guy.

Non-sequitir: my Russian TA is confusingly hot. As in, I think she's fucking hot. But I can't pin down why. She's not particularly beautiful. Nor is she a particularly effective TA. I'd say I'm attracted to the power, but what power? Oh shit, she'll mark me down on my paper. And the mystery continues. I don't know why I thought about that.

Cryptic statement more for my own catharsis rather than any real meaning: I could really be doing such a better job than he is. God, that bugs me.

That didn't make me feel any better.

Fuck catharsis. Repression, you're back on the menu.

Instead of more unrelated tangents, we'll get back to stuff that you, dear reader, can enjoy without having to decipher or interpret.

Fuck you, I am not a fanboy. He's amazing.

And these guys make me happy they're so gorgeous to listen to because fuck, are their lyrics ever cryptic.

I don't know why I feel like I have to say goodbye every time I post.

Goodbye.

-Eric

P.S. Nothing would make me happier than to edit those links on the right side of the window for you, Kathy. And if it weren't for my overwhelming capacity (this is where we snort like cynical livestock) for navigating webpages, nothing would be in my way. But as it stands, I can't seem to figure out how to modify them. Nor can I muster up the motivation to actually fill out my extended profile. Sorry, I hope you can still look me in the eye.

3 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

no, i can't.

8:11 AM  
Blogger kathy said...

just kidding. blogging is stupid. but i love it all the same. nothing gives me such satisfaction whilst procrastinating. except maybe eating.

i still feel like crap. but even moreso knowing that you guys all had a bonding session while avoiding meatheads. i love doing that. oh well, next time i suppose.

1/2 tobacco + 1/2 weed. the first joint i ever bought in amsterdam was of that sort. i finally checked out that london site you gave me. if you look at the 360 bloomsbury square, you can see two streets that i took every day to school. it was so wonderful that it hurt like you wouldn't believe. god i love london more than anything in the world.

i heart jenn and shelly. shelly drives me and jenn to school many times a week. and i agree, after all these ups and downs, i definitely do not think highly of sahadeva. fuck him, he ain't worth no time.

yea, i did feel the need to comment on every point in your entry. because it's 8:15am and i'm at work. that's five days in a row.

see you in the office. i don't care if i'm cliquey anymore. i choose my mates wisely.

-k.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Yaman said...

under settings, go to template, and fish out in the HTML code where the links are.

not worth the trouble unless it really bothers you that you link to nowhere...

*screen darkens*
*deeper voice*
... link to nowhere
... link to nowhere
*echoey voice*
... link to nowhere
... link to nowhere

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home