Saturday, October 22, 2005

Rampant Nationalism. Stein-Hoists and Rhythmic Clapping. Bitter Old Man.

Do you guys remember your European History?

You remember the rampant explosion of extreme nationalism that culminated, ultimately, in the assassination of Archiduke Ferdinand? And the ridiculously horrible World War that followed shortly thereafter?

Well, if you'd indulge me in a tiny leap in logic (Well, more of a tiny step. A skip? A logical shuffle!):

Seeing all these cute football away messages makes me wax all metaphorical in my own special sort of (anachronistically-inclined) way.

You know, I bet people tailgated for the Kaiser, too.

"JA DEUTSCHLAND!" they would all slur drunkenly, stomping their riflebutts into the cobblestones. That is, in between shotgunning beers and rhythmic clapping-- pardon, stein-hoists and goose-stepping.

Anyway, before I begin to ramble (This is me we're talking about; rambling is a serious possibility.) I'll just cut to the chase.

21 years, and I still have yet to give half a good goddamn about football. God, I'm such a bitter old man.

It's a good thing I'm so devilishly handsome, though.


Wait, what?

1 Comments:

Blogger d. said...

i miss you terribly. it almost hurts. but only almost since i don't have feelings.

sorry.

p.s. word verification was: fkdpla (kind of like "fucked platypus" but the guy typing it fell asleep. hell, i'd fall asleep if topic of choice was fucked platypus as well.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home