Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Why do I let you hurt me like this?

Why indeed? I let you into my life, and for a while things were good. You often made my life worth living. Which is why it hurts me so much to see you the way you are now. Not that you're completely dead to me. I can still see glimmers of what I used to love in you. But now it's buried underneath so much shit, muck, and mucky shit that you're forcing me to do something that I prayed I would never have to do.

I loved you. And
I'm going to miss you so badly. But it really has to come to this.

We (Say it!) can't be together anymore, Weezer.

I'm so sorry. I really am.

Please don't make this any harder than it already is, Weezer. Just let me break it off cleanly with you. Please. I'm willing to forgive the Green Album. I'm even willing to forget Maladroit. But I really just can't take anymore. If I have to go through the motions with Make Believe, my heart will really, truly break.

You'll find someone else. I'm sure you will. You're still a great band. You're catchy. You rock out when you need to, I suppose. You'll find a nice niche of high school kids. And college kids who wish they were still in high school. You'll tour for Make Believe, and kids will still pack the arenas. You've got your life ahead of you.

I just can't be a part of it anymore.

I loved you, I really did.

Goodbye.

-Eric

3 Comments:

Blogger d. said...

i dumped those bastards years ago. the green album made me cry on my birthday out of shame.

10:09 AM  
Blogger kathy said...

i thought the green album was okay...

11:53 PM  
Blogger Ravi said...

i still think they're ok...
ravi

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home