Thursday, May 19, 2005

Savor. Odyssey. Defeat (Times Two).

If you only knew how eagerly I check for and how much I savor comments on this thing... I dare say that you'd stop leaving them, you would.

So I skipped class on Tuesday in favor of trekking out to Amoeba in search of a specific album that, for reasons unknown, was completely impossible to locate on the intern-- uhh... legally legitimate avenues of locating music. So, based solely upon a single track that Janny put on a mix for me I left to buy the fucking CD.

The next three hours proved entirely fruitless. The horrible hike to retrieve the Grey Goose all the way in Lot 32 (Why the fuck is Kinross so far away from my lazy ass?). The equally taxing push across Sunset Boulevard around noonish. The two lectures that I skipped in order to ramble on as I did. A bit of an odyssey, really. Completely fruitless.

As you might have gathered (But never to have concieved...! Read on.) the album was nowhere to be found in the entirety of Amoeba Music. (See what I mean? How the fuck does Amoeba not have it?!) Even the kindly chubby, pink-haired clerk was unable to entice her magical box (The computer, you fucking perverts.) into spewing forth any insight onto the whereabouts of my prize.

So I gave up and bought the fucker on iTunes. Children's Hour - SOS JFK, as well as their Self-Titled EP.

I have been defeated by the internet. Thirteen some-odd dollars of the most bitter of Wormwood.

And here's the punchline: it's not even that amazing of an album. Occasional spurts of beautiful instrumentals, but something about the vocals doesn't seem to jive properly on most of the tracks. The previously-linked track is probably the best one on the disc. God damn it. Defeat times two.

*Hugs pile of autographed albums obtained through Campus Events Geekery* It's ok, my sweet, sweet treasures. You make everything ok.

I wish to be alone with Colin Meloy's signature now. ADIEU!

-Eric

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie Wang said...

How can Amoeba not have it but Itunes have it? What the hell? I hate buying stuff on Itunes, it's such a defeat because there's absolutely no tangible physical evidence of it being in your possession. Even though honestly every cd that I have ever purchased in hardcopy form has somehow found its way into a wormhole that sucks anything money purchased into another dimension.

ENIGMACON 2005! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh eric! i didnt know you bought the album?! you failed to mention that....we couldve waited a few months and i'm sure we wouldve tracked it down instead of you paying a buck a song and the songs on the EP are on the album so you paid double!

p.s. jospehine foster is on tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/14 in LA

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home